Visual Novel Town
This is a plugin that allows you to replace a map scene with a backdrop.
Similar in style to a visual novel.
- Access map events from the menu
- Shop, Inn, Save, and Load as standard commands
- You can disable the standard commands also
- You can use events to force player actions (warping/transfers)
- You can remove events from the VN command window using plugin commands
- Scrolling command window (you set the max number of rows)
- Window closes when a message appears on screen, or an event is running
- Insert the <vntown: imagename> notetag into your specified map’s note area.
- Insert <vnshop> <vnevent> <vninn> in the map events you want to use for the specified commands.
- To remove an event from the command window select “Plugin Command” and type: addEvent <eventId> (case sensitive).
- Example: addEvent 2 (This adds the event to the ban list)
- To add an event back to the command window select “Plugin Command” and type: removeEvent <eventId> (case sensitive).
- Example: removeEvent 2 (This removes the event from the ban list)
- Have fun!
Notetag Example Windows:
//Notetags: <vntown: imagename> //"imagename" refers to the backdrop used in the town scene. //The image should be in your pictures folder. <vnevent> //This registers an event in the menu on the map scene. //The events are placed in order by their ID numbers 1, 2, 3 etc. <vnShop> //Designates a shop for the shop command. <vnInn> //Designates an inn for the "Inn" command. //====Plugin Commands==== addEvent <eventId> //Example: addEvent 2 (case sensitive) /* This command is case sensitive. This adds the event to the ban list, removing it from the command list. */ removeEvent <eventId> //Example: removeEvent 2 (case sensitive) /* This command is case sensitive. This removes the event from the ban list, adding it to the command list. */
Please see the below attachment to use this plugin.
Free for both commercial and non-commercial use.
Credit with the name Kino.
Thank you to anyone who decides to use this script; I appreciate it!