Do you wish you could have NPCs be more dynamic when they say something? Or maybe, you would like to have easy ways to import text into your game. I definitely know it can be annoying to play with switches in RPGMaker MV just to have your NPCs be more dynamic. Well, I have a solution.
The Rem system allows you to import text from text files directly into message windows in your game! This can make your NPC more dynamic, and interesting without all the extra work of using switches and variables to do so. Furthermore, this is just a base, there’s more to come using this system.
- Message window text replacement
- In game text codes with similar support (You can transform in-game text also such as randomization/sequence).
- This only works on a line by line basis due to the nature of in-game text commands.
- Allows you to dynamically switch text in-game
- Switching in-game text randomly
- Switch in-game text sequentially
- Script call for reading text files from any filepath
- Script call for reading text directly from the compendium
- Easy to use text codes for replacement
- Automatically generates folder structure for you
- Read text files from any file path
- Get text data straight from the text conpendium
Script Calls & Text Codes
- Script Calls
- RemIn.readTextFile(filePath, fileName)
- RemIn.getCompendiumText(sectionName, key)
- Text Codes
- \SXS[-phrase1\\s phrase2]
- \SXR[-phrase1 \\r phrase2 \\r phrase3]
How To Set it up
- Download the plugins
- Place the EISFileSystem plugin above Rem_Heart
- Insert text files into any subdirectory folder (commons, dictionary, maps)
Instructions on use
- Use text codes (\TX, \TXS, \TXR, \TXRP, \SXS, \SXR, \SXRP)
- Look at the help file for detailed description
Setup Example Windows
In Game Examples
Free for both commercial and non-commercial use.
Credit with the name Endless Illusion Studios.
Thank you to anyone who decides to use this script; I appreciate it!
If you have any questions, or if you have any suggestions for improvements please comment down below.